A clean workspace can inspire us and help us concentrate better, leading to higher productivity and better results. Most of us spend a lot of time in our offices. A dirty and disorganized space can be distracting and a little depressing, right?
It is crucial to make these spaces pleasant and comfortable for your tenants and guests. Having an office cleaning checklist for your cleaning crew to follow ensures you can deliver a consistently clean workplace and prevent the occurrence of any mistakes.
Your tenants depend on you to provide a safe working environment. Public places require more cautious procedures than ever before, and with the help of a reliable, professional cleaning company, it is easier to avoid overlooking essential details.
In public places, caution is necessary. Students are also returning to school as people resume their regular routines. For this reason, we understand safe and efficient cleaning methods are imperative.
How to Handle the Right Office Cleaning Checklist
Offices are like people’s second homes for many, and a clean and organized office can help them be more productive and efficient.
Having a detailed office cleaning checklist will help you maintain a spotless and sanitary workplace. Cleaning specific areas like the reception desk, restrooms, kitchen, and pantry are daily office cleaning tasks.
It is also essential to keep technology, air conditioners, and servers in the technology rooms in the best condition possible.
This guide can help you create a cleaning checklist for your office staff. Better yet, you can hire a professional cleaning service to take over this burden for you. You can still share your checklist with them to be certain they understand your expectations and nothing is missed.
Daily, you should:
- Sweep or vacuum hard floor surfaces
- Dust furniture and office equipment; include seats and work areas
- Clean glass windows, light fixtures, and fingerprints
- Empty garbage bins and replace garbage bags
In the restroom, it’s necessary to:
- Replace toilet paper, hand soap, and paper towels
- Disinfect toilets, urinals, handles, and faucets
- Mop floors
- Clean sinks, counters, windows, and mirrors
- Empty trash
In the kitchen or pantry:
- Empty garbage bins and replace garbage bags
- Clean kitchen appliances, sink, counters, microwave, and refrigerator
- Refill hand soap dispensers
- Mop floors
The Benefits of a Clean Workspace
A clean office not only benefits your employees’ health, safety, and productivity but also exudes a positive atmosphere and a happy working environment. The level of employee work satisfaction contributes to a positive working environment.
The primary benefit of having happy and healthy employees is they produce more.
We are impacted in many ways by simply being around people and communities in clean spaces. One study revealed that when a space is clean, people feel:
- 80% more relaxed
- 60% less stressed
- 72% more productive
How to Handle the Right School’s Office Cleaning Checklist
Schools, too, require regular maintenance. The same study shows that 49 percent of parents say that their kids behave better in a clean room.
In terms of school maintenance cleanup, it is essential to have all the correct information at hand. According to the consensus from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, did you know that cleaning and disinfecting are core strategies to control the spread of the coronavirus and other seasonal viruses such as SARS in 2003, H1N1 in 2009, and annual influenza and gastrointestinal illnesses?
Creating an infection control plan is as vital as having a protocol if a student reports feeling ill in the middle of the school day. Taking all possible action as soon as possible can make all the difference.
Make a plan with your contract cleaning company for cleaning and disinfecting your school facilities.
- Define what areas need cleaning and what needs disinfection.
- Make a schedule for cleaning and disinfection.
- Decide which cleaning and disinfection products to use (or rely on your cleaning services company to recommend products).
- Find out what personal protective equipment (PPE) is required and who is responsible for the cleaning and disinfection.
What Should I Add to the School Cleaning Checklist?
- Daily Cleaning Schedule: Develop schedules for cleaning and disinfecting, with a routine of all areas of the school used during that day, targeting “high-touch” surfaces and objects (for example, playground equipment, door handles, sink handles, toilets, drinking fountains) within the school and on school buses.
The cleaning crew should clean and disinfect bathroom surfaces twice daily, especially during increased occupancy periods and in bathrooms with heavy usage.
- Communal Space Planning: If possible, avoid collective use of shared areas, such as cafeterias; otherwise, stagger use and regularly clean (e.g., daily or as much as necessary). Use larger spaces for academic instruction, such as cafeterias, libraries, and gyms, to minimize physical proximity.
- Food Service: Do not provide self-serve food or drink options, such as salad bars, condiment bars, or drink stations. Instead, have meals pre-packaged or plated.
- Water Systems: Ensure that all facilities (such as sinks, decorative fountains) remain safe to use following a prolonged shutdown.
- Incorporate a Fogging Protocol: Consider hiring a professional cleaning service that offers hospital grade germicide fogging or an antimicrobial coating.
What To Consider for Efficient Cleaning Results
Here are some valuable cleaning tips not only for school facilities but also for office spaces.
- Try cleaning surfaces and objects, such as desks, countertops, doorknobs, keyboards, hands-on learning items, taps, phones, and toys as part of a regular cleaning routine.
- Areas needing only routine cleaning include outdoor areas, such as benches, tables, railings, and playground equipment if it’s a school.
- It is necessary to take care of surfaces or items located indoors that are not touched or used frequently, such as floors, walls, windows, carpeting, light fixtures, and air vents.
- When surfaces and objects are visibly dirty, clean them immediately. In case of contamination of surfaces or objects with bodily fluids or blood, wear gloves and take other standard precautions to avoid using those surfaces or objects.
What Should I Look for in a Contract Cleaning Company?
We have mentioned that an office cleaning checklist can be helpful in every scenario, whether it’s a school, a church, a store, or an office building. Nevertheless, the assistance you receive from your professional cleaning services is crucial to your success. Make sure that your facility’s contract specifies specific terms.
Remember that an office cleaning service should reflect a mutual value exchange between the company and the client. It can indeed make a difference to have everything in writing, so here are some components you should consider when contracting a professional company for your premise.
- Establish the proposal with the cleaning company services and make it clear. Describe your needs in detail, such as your facility needing a general cleaning, a detailed cleaning, or a maintenance cleaning.
- Design a template sheet for internal control that you can use to analyze each sector in the building. Make sure you keep track of the square footage of each room in your office, school, or facility for future detail cleaning or even special sanitizing services.
- Define a start and end date in your office cleaning checklist. The end date is necessary for all janitorial service contracts, as well as a start date. The binding keeps everything in place.
- Many companies list their previous clients to prove their reliability and trustworthiness. Ask your cleaning company for references.
Create Your Personalized Clean Office Checklist
There are many options on the market for creating a sustainable, clean work and school environment. Add these items to your checklist:
- Sanitizing Sprays and Wipes
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Disposable Cleaning Supplies
- Fogging Protocol
Leave your office cleaning checklist in expert hands. DTK will handle heavy-duty and straightforward cleaning tasks for your office buildings, schools, or churches. Our services assist over 500 locations with qualified employees and the best core values.
If you’re seeking partners who can offer innovative approaches and a customized scope of services to meet your needs and maintain a high level of property care, DTK can help you in the mission.