Why Are Commercial Carpet Cleaning Services Important?
Carpet cleaning gadgets are an Internet trend and tempting for DIYers. However, commercial building carpeting (offices, event rooms, churches, hotels, etc.) needs a more comprehensive hygiene protocol only commercial carpet cleaning services professionals can perform.
Even though most commercial carpets are made with durable, stain-resistant materials and can withstand considerable traffic, proper maintenance is critical for them to look their best. A clean carpet also ensures a healthier environment.
According to the American Lung Association, “Carpets may trap pollutants like dust mites, pet dander, cockroach allergens, particle pollution, lead, mold spores, pesticides, dirt, and dust. Toxic gases in the air can stick to small particles that settle into carpets.”
Some cleaning solutions and technology may be suitable to remove these hazards at home. Commercial applications are different, requiring specialized services and equipment. Let’s explore the differences in the next section.
What Is The Difference Between Commercial Cleaning and Non-professional Cleaning?
Many of the carpet issues you face at home are similar to those in a commercial building (stains, dirt, discoloring, and material wear-and-tear), but the level of maintenance they require differs enormously. The effort you need to put in at home is not the same for a multi-story building where dozens or hundreds of people walk through every day.
Unlike home cleaning procedures, commercial carpet cleaning services are unique in that:
- They have the proper equipment: A professional company will own and maintain all the equipment and tools to keep commercial carpets clean. From powerful carpet extractors to industrial vacuum cleaners with High-Efficiency Particulate Arresting (HEPA) filters, their staff will know what machine can do the work for your building’s carpeting.
- They know all the protocols: Routine vacuuming is not enough to keep a carpet clean and free from pollutants. A leading commercial firm will let you know when it is time for a more in-depth treatment such as shampooing or how to remove a specific kind of stain without damaging the carpet, for example. More about this in the following sections.
- They have the right products: An expert commercial cleaning service will not improvise or create homemade formulas to treat your building’s carpet. They will know exactly what products to use to avoid further damage, discoloration and prevent unpleasant post-treatment odors. Many also use “green” cleaners that are safer for people and the environment.
- They have the expertise: Cleaning companies with a proven track record in the industry will have proper credentials and experience to advise you on the best approach to clean your commercial carpets, depending on the materials, traffic volume and frequency, and other factors.
5 Reasons To Hire Commercial Carpet Cleaning Services Now
As commercial facilities start coming back to life after the pandemic, there’s a lot to do to get your building ready. Welcome your tenants back with a sparkling clean, sanitized workplace.
A quick business assessment may bring up aesthetic issues, such as dingy carpets. Still, there are many other not-so-visible variables to consider commercial carpet cleaning services right away.
1) Create a Safe Reopening After Prolonged Shutdown Periods
If your facility remained closed for an extended time, there’s a high chance mold grew on certain surfaces, including carpets. Houston’s humidity presents the perfect environment for mold growth, and if your HVAC wasn’t running as usual for a prolonged period, the mold problem only intensifies.
As per the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), “Mold will grow on building materials where there is moisture, produced from leaks or condensation from roofs, windows, or pipes, or from a flood. Mold can grow on a variety of surfaces, such as ceiling tiles, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, carpet, and fabric. People with asthma and other respiratory conditions and those with mold allergy or weakened immune systems should avoid buildings suspected or confirmed to have mold contamination. Ensure that your building does not have mold after a prolonged shutdown to maintain a safe working environment for returning occupants.”
You need to partner with a company that offers a proper cleaning protocol with guaranteed mold elimination. Combining ventilation, potent cleaners, and industrial-grade vacuuming will provide the best result.
2) Comply with CDC’s Cleaning and Disinfecting Guidelines
The pandemic also modified the way we plan and execute cleaning and disinfection procedures. So much so, that the CDC is constantly updating its guidelines for facilities to keep a healthy environment.
Among other recommendations, there are specific measures to consider to clean and disinfect soft surfaces:
- Clean with soap, detergent, or other cleaners
- Disinfect with a product from the EPA List, approved for use on soft surfaces
- Vacuum regularly
Hiring a commercial carpet cleaning service will save you and your staff from the hassle of keeping current with these ever-changing protocols, as well as having to choose the right products for your carpet’s maintenance.
3) Lower Building Maintenance Budget
You may be concerned about the cost of hiring a commercial service to clean your carpets. However, the investment will contribute to lower your building maintenance costs in the long run. Here are a few ways how:
- If you leave the regular cleaning of your carpets in the hands of professionals, your carpets will last longer, and you won’t need to plan for replacement so often.
- You won’t have to invest in keeping a stock of industrial-grade equipment and products, often unaffordable for business owners.
- When you work with a leading commercial service, there is less risk of causing accidental damage to your carpets, forcing an early replacement.
- There will be no need to include specialized cleaning staff on your payroll to take care of this task. You will also save on training costs.
If you add these potential expenses and your management time, you will likely find it is worth calling a trusted commercial carpet cleaning service company right away.
4) Simplify Routine Carpet Cleaning
Have you been struggling to return your carpets to their best-looking condition by simply vacuuming and cleaning surface stains? If so, your routine cleanups aren’t enough. You can enhance daily cleanings by partnering with the proper commercial service throughout the year to keep your carpets spotless.
The best commercial carpet cleaning companies will help you with these routine tasks, but they will also let you know when it’s time to perform a more intensive cleaning process. They will help you ensure your operations’ continuity and leave your carpets immaculate for weeks to come.
5) Improve Everyone’s Health
As briefly mentioned above, when carpets are thoroughly clean, there can be noticeable health improvements in every facility user.
People prone to allergies and asthma will benefit from an allergen, dust, mold, and mildew-free carpet by reducing the chances of experiencing respiratory symptoms while in the building. A clean carpet also means safer air, vents, and furniture.
If you could relate to at least one of the five items on this list, it may be time to leave your carpet cleaning services in expert hands. With over 25 years in the business, DTK Facility Services assists over 500 locations, with more than 1,250 expert employees who keep 30+ million square feet clean. From office buildings to schools, DTK will handle both simple and heavy-duty cleaning tasks for you. Get a quote today.