What to Look for in Professional Church Cleaning Services
Do you oversee daily activities at your church? If so, you are probably wondering which types of church cleaning services are available. Pandemic restrictions are easing up, and most churches can reopen their doors, but cleaning protocols are stricter than ever. There is a greater need for qualified people to take care of these tasks.
This is where a professional service company comes into play. Here are a few ways to distinguish the best ones from other providers in the industry:
- Strict Protocols: They stay current with the Centers for Disease Controls (CDC) COVID-19 guidelines and recommendations to clean and disinfect churches. They help you with routine cleanups, know how to keep different surfaces hygienic, and use effective products to maintain your facilities’ safety.
- Consistent personnel: Commercial building cleaning is about much more than keeping the dirt out of your church. With dozens, sometimes hundreds, of people utilizing your facilities daily or weekly, you need a consistent staff to ensure it looks its best. Hiring a team isn’t always within the budget. Leading companies cover employee compensation, liability insurance, and other benefits, so you don’t have to worry about managing those expenses.
- Wide variety of services: Top church cleaning services companies offer typical daily maintenance, floor care, and window cleaning. They also perform other heavier-duty tasks, such as carpet shampooing and extraction, pressure washing, and special event setup.
- Covered products and equipment: If you choose a reputable professional church cleaning service, your fee will include all commercial-grade cleaning products and equipment, some of which may be specialized for specific tasks. You won’t have to order and stock cleaning supplies or worry about equipment maintenance and repair.
- Environmentally-minded: Industry leaders will have the credentials and expertise to select supplies and equipment safe for people and the environment. For example, they will guarantee they are using certified green products, and their staff will comply or even implement a recycling program.
The Benefits of Investing in Professional Church Cleaning Services
Now that you have the criteria to find the best professional cleaning company, read below for a list of more benefits you and your congregation will experience with a professional cleaning service.
1. A Happier Congregation
The benefits of a clean church go far beyond making it look tidy. It can put your congregants in a better frame of mind while they worship, so they let go of their stress and clear their thoughts to meditate on what’s important. Cleanliness can also spark creativity and self-confidence.
You’ll want your congregation to be in a positive frame of mind so they continue returning each week. A sparkling building can help you attract and retain parishioners.
2. Healthier Parishioners
When you hire professional church cleaning services, you can have greater peace of mind the facility is truly clean for your parishioners.
A pro-cleaning team can go beyond the surface and make sure that dust, grime, and even the COVID virus are cleared away. It can also help to prevent mold growth. This can ensure that those prone to respiratory illnesses or allergies won’t get triggered while in church.
Also, as mentioned above, the CDC guidelines for COVID-19 require additional cleaning protocols. Any frequent-touch surface (light switches, handles, or doorknobs, for instance) need consistent disinfection. Your cleaning staff should also be using EPA-approved products for this, some of which may include disinfecting ingredients that last for days.
With a professional firm, you can let visitors know that the church is committed to the highest cleaning standards.
3. A Cleaner and Safer Kitchen
Many churches have kitchens for events or volunteers who prepare food for members of the community. While beneficial, dirty kitchens can also be the perfect spot for germs and bacteria to spread.
Sink faucets, oven handles, and refrigerators are frequently-touched surfaces where dangerous bacteria such as E. coli or salmonella could grow. Utensils, cutting boards, and cloth towels could unintentionally increase pathogens while preparing and serving food.
Instead of relying on each volunteer to properly clean and disinfect after each use, a regular cleaning service provides greater reliability. A professional cleaning team will know how to deep-clean your church kitchen with the appropriate products to prevent illnesses in your church and community.
If your church has a kitchen, investing in janitorial services will be well worth it.
4. Spotless Floors
Your sanctuary’s floors need constant vacuuming and mopping to prevent the spread of germs. As implied above, a professional cleaning team will have the high-performance commercial vacuums and waxing machines to keep your floors looking new.
Besides disinfecting, you should shampoo your carpets annually to keep them looking their best. Regularly removing dust and mold before they have time to settle into the carpet will give your carpet a longer life.
5. Safe Childcare Spaces
Disinfecting is especially important in childcare spaces where germs can quickly spread. Your professional cleaning team can wipe down toys, surfaces, and play mats regularly with products proven to be safe.
Church attendants will feel more secure leaving their children in rooms where they know an experienced team performs frequent, thorough cleanings.
6. Impeccable Restrooms
Your church restrooms have several high-touch surfaces that can become an easy place for germs to grow and spread. Flushers, doorknobs, and faucets could have microbes that need to be removed as quickly, yet many churches have internal cleaning staff who only clean periodically.
A professional cleaning team can disinfect your surfaces whenever necessary with the right kinds of products. They will also have the proper equipment to scrub and deep-clean toilets consistently.
You’ll want visitors to feel completely comfortable in your church building, and restrooms can tell them a lot about your attention to detail.
7. Time to Focus on Other Matters
Daily church operations involve a long list of tasks to keep operations running smoothly, communications flowing with parishioners, and caring for the broader community. Cleaning doesn’t have to be another to-do item. Maintaining your church’s cleanliness with internal staff can take away valuable time from those matters.
When you hire a professional church cleaning service, you can be confident your building is being thoroughly scrubbed and disinfected by people who know what they’re doing. Therefore, you can concentrate fully on other details of your work.
A Clean Church Inspires a Healthy Congregation
A clean church is a shared mission between you and your congregation. A professional team, along with the individual care of your community members, will guarantee a safe place for worship.
Based on CDC’s current COVID-19 considerations for communities of faith, here are some practices you can promote:
- Implement a hand-washing program for your congregation and your employees, with accessible sinks and supplies (antibacterial soap and hand sanitizer, paper tissue, covered trash bins).
- Inform your community about proper cough and sneeze etiquette through signage or on-screen messages.
- Encourage all people to wear masks while in church.
- Inform and practice safe social distancing.
The Value of Church Cleaning Services
Church cleaning services may seem like a significant investment, yet the health and peace of mind of your church staff, congregants, and visitors make this expense well worth it. You’ll have a safe, hygienic, and healthy space that will make worship more meaningful for everyone.
DTK Facility Services hires highly-trained professionals to perform detailed cleaning tasks for churches, schools, and businesses in the Houston area. With 24/7 customized services, DTK aims to reduce your operating costs while providing spotless facilities. Get a quote today.